Individuals are often confused as to what to do following a smartphone is stolen. The way to find back the phone, trace the telephone, or recover the phone’s data. Many of these individuals issue a second sim when the phone is stolen and forgets the old phone. However, this habit of yours may hurt you a great deal, because if you do something wrong with your stolen smartphone, then you’ll be convicted for this. This may cause a lot of difficulties. In this kind of circumstance, now we’re telling you what ought to be performed first if your phone is stolen, which will help get back the phone.
The government released a website for stolen smartphones
The Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR), a site launched by the Department of Telecommunication, is specifically for detecting stolen mobiles. With this website’s support, the stolen smartphone can be blocked and unblocked, and the telephone’s location, which can be discovered. Please tell that at CEIR, the version, SIM number, and IMEI number of the phone of each citizen of the nation are present. This makes it easier for CEIR to find a stolen mobile. Let’s inform you that C-Dot has developed the fair IMEI number issued by the company making it on the mobile version.
What to do if the phone is stolen
When the phone is stolen, then one has to report the loss of the smartphone. You can register it through online mode, which will create the FIR quantity of the stolen smartphone. After registering an FIR, you won’t be legally held accountable for wrongdoings caused by phone calls.
How to get the phone back?
- One must visit the CEIR website after the FIR report is filed.
- Here you will see three options Block / Lost Mobile, Check Request Status, and Un-Block Found Mobile.
- If the stolen mobile is found back, click on the Un-Block Found Mobile option.
- For the same stolen mobile, click on Block / Lost Mobile.
- After this, a page will open. Where you have to enter your mobile number. Also, information has to be provided about the IMEI number and the brand of the smartphone. Apart from this, the device model and mobile bill will have to be uploaded.
- After this, losing the mobile phone, district, state and police station, and FIR number, the date of losing the phone will have to be recorded.
- After all this information, you will have to enter your personal information like address, mobile number. Then an OTP will come on your second number. After entering it, you have to click on the final submit option.
- After this, your stolen mobile search will start. Also, you will be able to trace the stolen mobile.